It does seem that the entire world is rooting for us to drop extra weight with heavy advertisements of fat burners, slimming belts, detox tea all over print and social media, but if you are banking on these “gimmicky” strategies to melt away unwanted weight, we would like to burst the bubble, and mention at the outright, that a combination of diet and exercise can only bring down the numbers on the weighing scale and lower the overall body fat percentage. However, change in lifestyle habits and certain other factors, like metabolism-boosting foods can accelerate the whole weight loss process. For busy bees who sincerely want to get fitter and healthier but have no time to prepare elaborate breakfast meals on certain “extra busy days,” smoothies can act as a healthy meal replacement option, but one has to be absolutely sure that the ingredients in it are healthy. Also, smoothies prepared at home with carefully chosen ingredients are any day better than egg muffins and pancakes with syrup at popular favorite fast food restaurants. Rati Beauty app also has extremely delicious and healthy smoothies that boost weight loss without adding too many calories, do check them out. In this post, we list down some extra ingredients that you can add to your smoothies to make them healthier, more delicious, and burn some extra calories in the process. So, let’s get started:
1. Matcha Green Tea: It is believed that matcha green tea has 137 more antioxidants than regular green tea. It is also low in calories, doesn’t spike insulin, and boosts metabolism. Just one tbsp of matcha green tea in your glass of smoothie is enough to get all its amazing benefits.
2. Dates: Have a sweet tooth and want that extra kick of sugar in the morning? No, don’t add white sugar, just add one or two de-seeded dates and get the sweetness along with a good dose of antioxidants, fiber, protein, vitamin B6 along with other trace minerals.
3. Spirulina: It’s rich in antioxidants and a popular superfood, with anti-inflammatory properties. It has many nutrients, from folate to iron, and a majority of B vitamins. Like matcha green tea, adding just 1 tbsp to a glass of smoothie is enough to make it nutritionally dense.
4. Walnuts: We keep mentioning about how all of us need healthy fats to actually burn more fat, and look no further than a few walnuts to do that since they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and they also curb appetite to a good extent.
5. Banana: If you have been skipping banana trying to shed weight, it’s time to bring back this amazing fruit to your daily diet by adding to your smoothie, but do not add more than one banana since it’s still a calorie-rich fruit.
6. Cocoa powder: 100% pure cocoa powder boosts metabolism, adds that amazing flavour, suppresses appetite, and triggers release of adiponectin which improves fat metabolism. Again, just 1 tbsp of pure cocoa powder is enough to make your smoothie chocolatey and healthy.
7. Flaxseeds: These tiny seeds are better absorbed when they are consumed in grounded form, so get your daily fiber and healthy fat dose through a few tbsps of flaxseeds in banana or papaya smoothie.
8. Spinach: A bunch of spinach leaves to strawberry or even apple and carrot smoothies is enough to make anything nutrient rich.
9. Lemon: Don’t forget to squeeze in half a lemon to add a tangy taste to regular orange and yogurt smoothie.
10. Coconut oil: It’s a known fact that MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) boost fat metabolism, and that’s why adding 1 or 2 tbsp to smoothies is highly recommended.
11. Cinnamon: When cinnamon is added, it lends its thermogenic properties to the drink, so do not forget to sprinkle it over your glass.
12. Chia seeds: Get lots of protein and healthy fats in the smoothie by sprinkling 1 or 2 tbsp of chia seeds.
13. Peanut Butter: Wanna take up the flavour of your boring smoothie to another level – trying adding healthy fat-rich peanut butter! But do limit the quantity to 1 or 2 tbsp.
14. Honey: Acts as a natural sweetener, so that you do not opt for empty calories from white sugar to satisfy your sweet tooth.
15. Greek yogurt: Get the benefits of probiotics, protein, by adding Greek yogurt, but make sure the yogurt is unflavoured and unsweetened.
16. Almond Milk: Replace regular milk for a dairy free alternative and also a protein-rich delicious option.
17. Dark Chocolate: We thought we should let you know that you can add a bit of dark chocolate to get its antioxidant and metabolism-boosting properties.
18. Nutmeg: Add a nutty and rich flavour by sprinkling nutmeg over a glass of smoothie.
19. Almond Butter: If you do not like peanut butter, check out almond butter because it’s equally good.
20. Coconut Milk: Not excited about adding coconut oil in smoothies, try switching regular milk with coconut milk as a dairy-free option.
Hope you would start your day with a healthy breakfast or at least with a smoothie and add these amazing options to add in smoothies. Also, check out Rati Beauty weight loss diet to find out how to use smoothies to lose weight.