We already know that weight loss is not limited to diet and exercise, and it’s not either dependant on channeling all your will power towards making that leap towards your goal weight. There are some basic principles of weight loss that make the whole process less challenging. When you straighten out your diet by eating the right kind of food, in the right amount, you can melt the extra layers of fat and it’s one of the best ways to lose weight. But there are some other best ways to lose weight that would help you to get to a lighter version of yourself in a relatively shorter period of time. So, let’s go over them point by point:
1. Your Diet is 80% Responsible For Weight Loss: Every person out there who has managed to lose weight and keep it off attribute their success to a healthy diet. One can slog and sweat for hours in the gym, but if a proper diet is not in place, no inch loss or weight loss would happen. A major reason why people who hit the gym with the a vengeance, but lose the steam mid way – they are not eating right, and when no result is visible in the body – they give up the whole idea of losing weight. A combination of eating right along with regular physical activity will bring about sustainable weight loss and also help trim the waistline and tone the body, but make no mistake, your diet is 80% responsible to get to your goal weight. Check out the weekly diet programs on the Rati Beauty app to create a calorie deficit and lose weight the right way.
2. Calorie Deficit is Vital: It is absolutely essential to go into a calorie deficit to shed weight. A calorie deficit occurs when a person takes in fewer calories through food than those burnt while exercising, resting, or performing basic bodily functions (weight gain occurs when there’s calorie surplus). Read about 18 Awesome Tips to Create Calorie Deficit to Lose Weight.
3. Eat More Veggies: In fact, fill half of your plate with veggies at every meal – it’s an easy way to feel fuller, get enough nutrients, and managing it all in a few calories. Most vegetables are extremely low in calories and are extremely filling because of high fiber and nutrient content. They nourish with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, protein, minerals, and help in the synthesis of essential fat-burning hormones and enzymes. With vegetables, you can hardly fall out of calorie deficit because nobody has ever gained weight by eating “baingan ka barta!” Ideally, you should get 2 to 3 servings of vegetables each day, so load up on veggies with each meal.
4. Cut out Sugar Completely: Letting go of white sugar can be a complete game changer! You can get healthy and drop considerable amount of weight just by saying no to sugar. Also, sugar is extremely addictive and every time you consume something sugary (candies, chocolates, sweets, ice cream, pastries, doughnuts for example), it triggers the release of “feel-good” hormones in the brain, and you tend to crave for more of such food, accumulating loads of calories in the process. Sugar undoubtedly causes weight gain, obesity and other diseases and hence is not recommended for people who want to get healthier.
5. Portion Control: It’s an important tool that gets you into calorie deficit. Portion control is an essential aspect, not only to lose weight but also to maintain optimum health and to prevent diseases such as type 2 diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. Read about 10 ways to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss.
6. Reduce Stress Levels: Chronic stress is tied strongly to weight gain because it tends to raise all kind of wrong hormones that work their way to build extra fat layers in the body. Stress increases cortisol, ghrelin, unwanted cravings, appetite, and also slows down metabolism – making it extremely difficult to shed extra pounds.
7. Enjoy your Exercise Sessions, Don’t Consider it a Pain: Combining exercise with a healthy diet accelerates the pace of weight loss, but working out without establishing mind-body connection is like wasting time. Exercise should be a fun activity, not a painful and boring chore. Check out various workout routines on the Rati Beauty app that are absolutely enjoyable and help in burning fat as well.
8. Strive to Improve Metabolism: Metabolism is the engine that torches up calories, and a sluggish metabolism can work against your goals. So, here are “21 Tricks to Boost your Metabolism” that you should absolutely know.
9. Say No to Sedentary Lifestyle: Working out in the gym or at home for just one hour and then spending rest of the day eating unhealthy food and leading a sedentary lifestyle, glued to the work desk and chair, will lead to weight gain rather than weight loss. If you are wondering how to devise a method to continue burning calories through the day, along with following the right kind of weight loss diet which provides ample nutrition, here’s what you can do – “12 Household Chores That Would Help Burn Calories.”
10. Consistency is the Key to Long-Term Weight Loss: We often ignore the importance of being consistent with our eating habits and exercise and as a result, fall off the weight loss wagon. Fad diets are not sustainable and it’s difficult to follow them for a long period of time because they are based on food deprivation (cabbage soup diet for example). Follow a healthy diet program (such as on Rati Beauty app) so that you can stay consistent and remain lean and healthy forever.